Qualified candidate will be responsible for completing 2D layout plans and detail drawings, establish part / structure design for new products/ projects and improvements to parts / structures, complete part / strucure design calculations within predefined design standards, make drawing revisions to reflect how parts / structures have been modified.
Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
• Proficient Detailing skills
• Develop and troubleshoot connections
• Mechanical Aptitude
• Intermediate mechanical drafting skills
• Comprehensive math background
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Understanding of materials and their usage and various manufacturing operations and processes
• Oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills to work effectively with superiors, peers and subordinates
• Individual time management skills
Good work ethic
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Able to travel by car and airplane and able to walk long distances (200 yards) at a time
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle, type on a computer, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk at least 200 yards at a time, reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include driving, reading on a computer monitor, reading blueprints and other printed documents, such as sketches and diagrams.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.